Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 April 2011

Counting it out.



Well here I sit (on the Bosses time) pondering my future.  I completed all my tasks for today by midday and now I am sharing my mahi with my workmates and just chillin' out the moment.  How poingant to finish on Easter Weekend, as I started a week before Labour Weekend.  In on a long weekend, out on a long weekend.

I must say I'm not looking forward to finishing here.  I've made some wonderful friends, have met many more wonderful people and it's been a pleasure serving this country in an area I have such an affinity for.

Next week I'm in on the first day of the week up until the 20th May to wind down the business of Like Minds Like Mine in the Manawatu/Horowhenua.  I attended our regional Hui (Whanganui to Wellington, and Wairarapa) in Whanganui and had the pleasure of receiving warm mahi on our departure.  We weren't the only ones as Whanganui PHO and Vaka Ola (from Porirua) also had their contracts annulled.  I felt for my team though.  A couple of guys are taking it really badly so I will continue to provide support and encouragement to them.  Good news this morning though, we are free to use our workshops locally still but just not under the Like Minds Like Mine banner.  I already have a new name for the group.  The Boss wanted to call it Speaking Out but internet searches showed this was a common name, so after some exhaustive searching I have decided to run Whakapuakina te pono (Speak the Truth) by her.  Fingers crossed.

Last full working week for a wee while.  I still have a job application in the works, and I have yet to talk with the boss about working at St Dominics as a Consumer Advisor.  With a little wind of hope in the sails I should be able to navigate my waka onto new sea lanes.

Ka kite everyone, be well.  This will be my last message as Like Minds Like Mine Team Leader for the Manawatu/Horowhenua region.

1 comment:

  1. Bugga! That is sad news Thane. Hope your new adventure kicks off and does well.
    Mah.

    ReplyDelete