Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 October 2023

A trio of poems -Palestine/Neighbour

 


Metal Mickey

 

Hey, little Palestinian kid,

I am the Yiddish Tank sent to kill

your mum and dad and older brothers.

Get off the road; I will squash you now

if not later when a weapon you yield.

Yes, I am the tank, from great uncle Yank.

My guns are no match for your game of throw and catch,

so, stand aside, before you are the bride

at another Palestinian burial, Yasser might cry.

I rumble on into your town and drown

in a hail of bullets, the hope that you all hold.

Behold, I am the Mighty Israel, slaughterer of you,

so, lay down your stones and step aside

as I roll on in and do my duty for Judaism.

No, you can’t kill me, boy.

I am bigger than you ever will be.

 

Young Lust

 

Hey, Israel, blood lust murderers of hope.

I am eight, and since my inception.

I have been trained to hate your very existence,

not because you are existing here,

but you rub out ours. I am against you

all the way, and to my dying day, no matter how soon,

I will throw you back with whatever it takes.

I will defend my freedoms, no matter how trivial.

I will defend my lands, no matter how barren.

I will defend my people, no matter how impoverished.

Yes, you made them all that way,

trivial, barren, and impoverished,

but I live with hope, even at eight years old,

the hope you will go away and leave us alone,

and when that happens, we will leave you alone,

and we will have no need to fight,

for we will have what we have,

and you will have yours,

So, Israel, I say begone! Or shoot me, too.

If I fight now, or later, I will always fight,

until you have no choice but to kill me

or live beside me.

 

 

Telegram - Bush to Sharon

 

Ariel STOP

Bush STOP

Money on its way COMMA

Missiles too COMMA

Get the bastards EXCLAMATION MARK

 

Reply

Bush STOP

ARAFAT STOP

Wrong address COMMA

BRACKETS Laughter CLOSED BRACKETS

You idiot STOP!



No comments:

Post a Comment