Powered By Blogger

Saturday 17 August 2019

3 more from my(poetry) pen.

Am in the process of editing my poetry for publishing.  Thought these three would be cool.  Enjoy.


Foretelling

I see
the Beijing Olympics,
a political hot potato

I see
WWIII,
Iran claiming Iraq

I see
the US hamstrung

I see
the Arabian Sea
drowning in Arabic blood

I see
a US recession
dragging all behind it

I see
the European Parliament
taking a stronger hand

I see
Japan’s industries dying
to the sound of no petroleum

I see
my mother and father,
both long dead, crying

I see
a new me, a new hope,
an old way of changing times

I see
my children’s future,
still plenty of good

I see
the wars of an errant world,
capitulation a buzz word

I see
from my window to the trees
life’s mysteries still playing

I see
the news on TV no more,
the sound of the radio comforting

I see
that the downhill slide
will happen this year, 50!

I see
what a momentous occasion that will be.
So many times I could have joined my parents.

What has Dying Got to do with It?

I champion euthanasia,
the right to choose,
the right to die
in one’s own time.

I see the elderly marking time
and wonder,
“Do they think about it?”
Yes, an interesting thought.

Today, a daughter was jailed
for helping her cancer-ridden mother
move on from this cruel planet,
her fate in the hands of Justice.

But there is no justice
in suffering pain daily,
in being a frail shade
of your former self.

There is not dignity
in letting friends and family
worry about when, not if.
No dignity in dying publicly.

I fought the urge to berate folks.
If they don’t understand
they’ll never be capable of knowing.
Yes, count the elderly.

I have this pact with God
should he inflict cancer upon me;
I shall have the right to shorten
the blow that will affect most.

I champion euthanasia
because I know there is a chance
I too will get cancer. It runs
in a family not capable of caring.

How Education Isn’t the Key to Life

I promised my daughter
I’d do something to make her proud.
She smiled,
Said, “Dad, I’m already proud.”
I smiled too and left it at that.


No comments:

Post a Comment