Powered By Blogger

Sunday 30 June 2019

My earliest (and scariest) memories.

I'm not overly sure when it started maybe aged 5 o 6,  I had two recurring dreams.  The first one was of an old steam train chugging steam and hisses (steam) and I was watching an eagle gliding alongside that train.  And that was it, it would just end after a short period.

At other times at same age (and alongside the train visions) I had a dream of me being a huge eagle (Haast maybe) and flying up and down the length and breadth of Te Wai Pounamu and suddenly falling from the skies and about to crash into Lyttelton Harbour and the dream ends after waking up sweating.

The strange thing with both I had no prior history of a train or Lyttelton Harbour. 10 or so years ago I wrote a piece called How Great is the Greatest, a story about the last Hikoioi (Haast Eagle.)

And with the train dream, also about ten years ago, I started singing Locomotive Breath at Karaoke.

Both exclamations did indeed get me to make dreams real, vividly.


No comments:

Post a Comment