Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 March 2024

2003 - an Apocalyptic Year

 On the 28th of February 2003 I played my last ever cricket game.  A switch was flicked.  On 3rd March 2003 I lost my mind for the 3rd time since November 23rd 2000.  My epiphany started. 


I was beset with voices, ghosts, visual and auditory hallucinations and errant spirits. At the time I didn't know why?  That would become apparent in 2005 and 2015. Not sure of the date, maybe 3rd to 5th March I drove out of Foxton in my waka.  As I passed the Foxton Cemetary my mind and memory went blank. 30 minutes later I "came to" entering Woodville, some 40 odd kilometres from Foxton. 

In Woodville I took State Highway 2 towards Pahiatua.  I was still not totally cognisant of my surroundings and found myself on a country road heading back to Foxton.  Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worst. I came around a tight left-hand turn, lost control and crashed into a barrier protecting a deep culvert. Thanks to my course whilst in our Navy being the Skid Control Course, I managed to stop before going in and certain death.  I was still in my mind slip.  But survival stepped in. The voices etc were not evident, so I had my sleeping bag in the car and went to sleep in  the deep grass on the side of the road.

Next morning I walked down the road and found a farmhouse, and a farmer, but I got freaked and walked back to the car, throwing my car and house keys into a paddock. Soon after, the Pahiatua policeman arrived and I asked him to take me to Ward 21 Palmerston North Hospital, the Mental Health ward. For some reason, I was in the passenger seat, not the rear seats.  Anyway, we headed back to Palmy, in silence.  Arriving in Palmy we were headed down Summerhill Drive and at the bottom of the hill the road had a bridge that had the Massey Turitea road under it. As we hit the bridge, I quickly undid my seatbelt at the same time opening the door, did a barrel roll on the road, leapt up, and jumped off the bridge, 9 metres to the road below.  I knew it wasn't a suicide attempt as I landed on my feet, not my head.

Now this is where things become totally insane. Whilst I was "flying" through the air, I had a vision to my right side.  Remember the Green Waterfall displays on the computers featured in The Matrix?  I saw a red wall, only briefly. At the same time, a Red Mazda 626 on the lane where I was headed, suddenly swerved to the left affording me a safe landing. Well not safe.  According to a voice, I had fractured my right Tibia, right Fibular, smashed most of the bones in my right foot (again) and smashed both ankles. I was in and out of consciousness but remember no pain, no blood et al. And my "friendly" cop was parked 30 metres away stopping traffic.

I was also cognisant when the ambo's turned up and immediately put me on Oxygen.  I would have no memory for most of the next 2 months.  What I do remember is sketchy at best.  Thats my human side.  My spirit-self remembered, everything which would become apparent in 2018.  I do remember being moved around regularly from wards 24, 25 and 27.  Don't ask me why?  I also remember my left foot throbbing a lot and causing me vomiting black bile, later discerned as rejection of limbs (not mine)

I had regular visits from my "surgeon", Doctor Love (yeah right lol) and Doctor Starr (Yeah right lol) my psychiatrist.  One time Doctor Love showed me my Xray's of both feet/legs.  As soon as he did, I  knew something was amiss.  According to the Xrays, both feet/ankles had several screws in them.  The right Fibular had a titanium plate halfway up my shin, and still a clean break on the Tibia, which is still broken. I have no idea why Doctor Starr was visiting as I was mostly non complis mentis.

Later, maybe early April, I was moved back to Ward 25 and had caregivers taking turns sitting with me.  These folks worked for Lavendar Blue, a health care provider here in Palmy.  My voices came back, but this time I was in control with them. Basically, this is when my fightback commenced. Undercover as you were.

This entered the phase on my return home.  Precipitated by having two casts on my lower legs.  I was wheeled down (in my bed) to the place casts were fitted.  In my mind I thought "Hell's Kitchen".  The lady who fits them put a calf length cast on my left leg, Fluorescent Orange, and on my right leg, Fluorescent Green.  A fucking Traffic Light. I spent two weeks "walking" from  my flat to the Street Phone around the corner.

Oh yeah those keys??  They were never found. When my car was delivered (by my brother) there was no sign  of a break in as I had locked the car.  And my sisters ransacked my flat which was odd as the house key was on my car's keyring. Ok - maybe they were found and my siblings did things for my greater good.



No comments:

Post a Comment