Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 August 2023

The wrought that is One.nz (formerly Vodafone.NZ)

 Short history.


Since getting my Cellphone and Plan from Vodafone I have generally had no major issues with them.  I was on a Plan that had me paying $56.00 a month (from around 2017) which I paid. Then in the middle of last year I started getting emails from Vodafone accounts team saying I was overdue on my account, despite still diligently paying my monthly $56.00. The last amount was over $350.00.

In or about January 25th 2023 I stopped paying my account as my TXT, Phone and Data were stopped.  I also went without Cell services for 7 months.


Today I received a phone call from a non-English speaking "Team Member" of One.nz (formerly known as Vodafone NZ) saying I have money to pay.  Luckily, I saved all my emails I have had with them. I informed the phone guy that I will not speak on money matters over the phone and will only entertain contact over mail. This email arrived about 5 minutes before the phone call.


Kia ora Thane,

 

This email address is not monitored - please do not reply.

 

We’re sorry but we’re unable to process your disconnection request at this time.

Reason for rejection:

 

We were unable to verify your identity based on the details provided. As we can only accept disconnection requests from the account holder, and we unfortunately could not identify you as the account holder for this account.

 

If you’d like us to continue with your disconnection request, please chat to one of our friendly team online – it’s the quickest and easiest way for us to help you out. Just be sure to use your reference number: 01808276.

 

Otherwise, you’ll need to jump online to find the next best way to get in touch with us for the service you’re disconnecting.

 

Please note: you'll continue to be charged for your service, until your disconnection request is accepted. It's important you get in touch with us as soon as possible.

 

Ngā mihi

 

Your team at One New Zealand


Red Flags??

1.  They say they cannot accept emails, yet they transact via email?

2.  I have emailed them more than a few times about their service or lack thereof

3.  It has taken them over 5 months to verbally contact me. And the conversation was less than satisfactory. 

4.  They are aware I am a beneficiary.


No comments:

Post a Comment