Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 October 2011

The months have flown by

Been a while since I blogged, but to be honest have been really busy with Rugby World Cup and everything that brings with it.  But now the euphoria is dying away from that great final.  So to whet my apetite, and in answer to a friends comments on Facebook, I will place ehre some more photos from the Camera I call SPUtZnik (an Olympus SP570UZ - 4 years old and 10mp, but does me good)

On the 15th of August, 2011 and for the first time in living memory, it snowed heavily in Palmerston North.  I knew it was going to be cold days before, and sort of didn't believe what the weather forecasters were saying, snow to 400 metres in the ranges of the Manawatu.  I sort of sensed it would be lower just by the nature of the front as it moved up the South Island.





This building is the original Power Station for the then small city of Palmerston North.  I love the details I got with this, including the blue of the Falcon parked in the foreground.

Sometimes, just sometimes, photography is enhanced with software.  This shot urgently got me thinking this could be better served played with.  The photo placed 2nd in an online photography competition.










We don't see much snow this far down on the Ruahines.  Been a good winter for us that love cold weather.


The new playground wear is tough and colourful.  This boy was having a great time though when the shutter went click he had a miserable look.










These "novel" slides were made from stainless steel and chromed for long lasting use.  They also made a great Black and White and I got great reviews from my photography website for the composition and the black and white conversion.  This was taken at the same place as the kid previous photo (Memorial Park, Palmerston North)





A friend of my sister's place in the city.  Old 1942 Art Deco place with all original fittings, including the full sized billiard table.  This shot was interesting especially with the odd shaped tree and the art deco of the building.








I don't often do portraiture or people photos as I feel I am intruding on others lives, but my friend Sam wanted her photo taken so I set up a backdrop and a time and she turned up ready to be immortalised.













Another black and white that was widely acclaimed.  This taken on dusk in The Square in Palmerston North.  The title was Where Have The Old Folks Gone.

Out with the Old, in with the New.  What's a photographic Blog without a flower or two..........
















............. and a Dandelion - welcome Spring.















 2nd Place in a Reflections Photography Contest recently

and this baby Won!!!

Thank you for reading.  Remember, comments welcomed :)

GunnerThane

No comments:

Post a Comment